Monday, June 20, 2011

Meal Planning Monday - Snack Time!

This week’s post is by Leah Kelley.

          When I first started doing meal planning I never thought about snacks.  I just planned for dinner.  After seeing how well that went, I started planning all three meals.  I loved meal planning but something was missing.  I would go to the store get everything on my list and feel good knowing I had a plan.  

          Fast forward to the next day…  "Mommy, I want a snack.”  "I'm a little hungry.  Mommy, I need snack."  I completely forgot to factor in snacks!  If you have little ones you know the importance of snack time.  It's a small 15 minute slice of heaven for me when everyone is quiet.  Here's what we typically have for morning snack time:

Monday ~ Green and Red Peppers with Hummus

Tuesday ~ Graham Crackers topped with Peanut Butter and Sliced Apples

Wednesday ~ "Berries and Cheese" Raspberries, Strawberries, and Blueberries with Babybel Cheese

Thursday ~ Strawberry and Banana Smoothies

Friday ~ Cheese cubes, Crackers, and Sliced Mangoes

Saturday ~ We're taking the girls to the zoo.  We'll pack peanut butter crackers, bananas, frozen smoothies, and apples for them to snack on.

Sunday ~ Fake Popsicle and Cream Cheese Tortillas.

For the “Fake Popsicles” I just freeze yogurt cups.  I love the little Danonino cups.  I just stick a mini Popsicle stick in each cup and pop them into the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about the yogurt! My daughter used to love frozen yogurt.

    ReplyDelete